Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My girls trip with Leah

I had the most wonderful trip with Leah to see her family in Washington.  We had originally planned to go to NYC but this worked out better for us.  It was heavenly to be with my best friend for 5 strait days and no kids to distract us!  I love my family so much, but sometimes it is nice to have a little break from the demands of being a mom.  It was nice to just be me for a little while.  So we flew into Seattle and then rented a little car, then took a nice little drive up the coast to Bellingham, were Leah is from.  Along the way we ate at a cute little cafe/grocery store.  It was so cute and we tried all sorts of yummy drinks and food.  When we did arrive that night at Leah's sister Lara's home, she welcomed us to our room with this on the nightstand:

Seriously?   Just like a cozy hotel.  It was so nice!  Her home was so beautiful too.
This is what our room looked like.
This is the view from her balcony in the morning.  Would love to wake up to that every morning! 

The next day we went to the coast, it was so close by.  And it was breathtaking!


Then we went and did some shopping in the cutest little shops.  That night we had a delicious seafood dinner with Lara and her husband.  The restaurant had a great view of the harbor.  Then the next day we went to a baby shower for one of Leah's other sisters, Lindzie.

Here she is with several of her sisters, plus her mom and niece.  As you can see, Leah was also due to have a baby soon!
That night we went shopping at the mall.  It was so fun, they even had a thrift store in it!  Super cool!  Then we had some potstickers and sushi.  It was awesome.
It was just so fun to spend so much time with Leah, I don't get to see her enough, and we talked and talked and talked and talked.   She told me all kinds of stories about growing up there, and I finally got to see all these places she had told me about before.  It was fabulous!

Sadly after that my camera died. That night we stayed at a nice little hotel closer to downtown Seattle.  We talked and bonded some more of course, and then the next morning we got ready and the hotel took us in a shuttle to the Wedding shower for one of her other sister, Meliza. (She has a lot of sister's remember?)  It was such a fancy shower.  We had dim sum.  All of the food was delicious, and it was so fun to finally meet so many of Leah's family members.  I already knew so much about them, I felt as though I already knew them, and they made me feel like I was a part of the family.
Later that day we had a little issue with the car rental and it wouldn't start.  We thought we were going to have to tow it.  But in the end I saved the day.  Seriously I don't know how, but I just started the car.  So that was a blessing, and we were able to make it to return the car in time.  That night we stayed at Lindzie's home and then she took us the the airport in the morning.
Wow, that was a fun trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment