Friday, April 15, 2011

Conference Weekend

Conference was wonderful as usual but watching at home is kind of hectic.  No matter what I still miss so much, with the kids distracting me.  So I have started reading the talks and watching them online afterwards.  And I learn so much more that way!!  I am grateful for the church website and the church's use of technology.  This year one thing that helped was to put a table right in front of the t.v. (as shown) so that they were more likely to watch and hear.  Here are the kids with thier conference bingo and packets ready to go. 

For a long time I have had a goal to do two things at conference season (in addition to the spiritual stuff).  And that is to measure the height of the kids on the wall or something, and to have a fire drill.  If I can get in the habit of always doing these things at conference, then they will get done twice a year.  But I keep forgetting.  This year we did have a fire drill because it was one of Sonic's scout requirements, but I still have yet to measure their height. At least I did one of the things.

Another thing that happens only at Conference is that we have a traditional Guatemalan dinner.  We are crazy not to do it more often, but for some reason we don't.  And we don't do it every conference either.  Probably once a year and then at Christmas of course we have paches.  This year we did, and here they are.  They are Guatemalan Enchiladas.  Different from the enchiladas you are probably used to seeing, but every so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment